Monday, December 31, 2012

I said "Yes"

Five years ago tonight, I made a choice that changed my life forever.  Now, as we all know, there are few things in life that we have control of, but in this instance-I was asked a question and had full control over the answer.  Now, at that moment, I wasn't really thinking through every detail of my life and how it would be affected by my answer, but I just knew what the answer was going to be.  Five years ago tonight, Kevin asked me to marry him, and of course, my answer was YES.

Now here we are in 2012, spending our New Year's at our new home, with our two daughters sleeping upstairs, two dogs sleeping on the couch, and I will most likely be asleep before midnight while Kevin watches the ball drop by himself--but I (and hopefully he) would have it no other way.  In the grand scheme of life, five years isn't all that long, but for me, it has been the best five years of my life and I can only hope that God blesses us with many, many more wonderful years.





No comments:

Post a Comment