Saturday, December 3, 2011

Half Marathon

Ok, I am going to do it.  I am setting a goal and I have 5 months to train to reach that goal.  Hopefully I will lose some weight in the process but my biggest goal is just to finish the race.  I don't care if I have to walk some or come in last, I just want to commit to training and do it.  I have signed up for races before and not done them, but I am going to do this one.  It helps that I know others who will be running so they better whip me into shape.  It will be quite an accomplishment for me since I am not a runner like I have said before, but I have gotten into a lazy workout rut and need something to get me back on track.  So mark May 5th on your calendar so you can come out and cheer me on.  God knows I will need it, but I can do this!!!!  The funny thing is that I signed up to run a half marathon right before I found out I was pregnant with Kiley so obviously I didn't run it, so I think that running this one the day before Ella's first birthday will be special to me. 

Now maybe I should go get fitted for some running shoes :) (and maybe get some more advil-I can already feel the soreness coming on)

This pic has nothing to do with running--but how cute is this little bunny :)  I hope to see her some where along the course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment