Wednesday, December 7, 2011

7 months

I missed my post yesterday.  It's tough when I don't have at least a few minutes where both girls are napping at the same time to actually sit down and write or respond to emails.  I am still trying to get Ella on a decent nap schedule, but some days she agrees with my schedule and other days she doesn't :)  

Anyways, today I told the gym to nap let her fall asleep during that time she was there which I think helps with the afternoon nap, since (knock on wood) she is now napping.  

Alright onto the real topic of the post.

This little lady is 7 months old.

Yes, that is crazy to me.  Just in the past couple of weeks she is really starting to develop her own little personality.  She is starting to sit up on her own.  She still needs someone by her at all times as she isn't very stable (and quite frankly I don't trust Kiley to not push her over).  Ella also has started babbling a ton and screaming.  She thinks it's funny-me not so much.  She loves Kiley and Morgan and Madison and I often find her laughing at them.  

She has started eating 3 solid meals a day--no finger foods yet, but she is much better with eating baby food than she was even a few weeks ago. She loves fruit, tolerates vegetables, and doesn't really enjoy protein.  She has 3-8oz bottles in between all of her meals.    She still spits up quite a bit, but hopefully that will slow down her pretty soon.  

She sleeps great at night (again knock on wood)--usually from about 5:30-6.  For the most part, once she is out for the night, we don't hear a peep out of her.  She also wakes up really happy and you can just listen to her babble to herself up in her room.  It's interesting to see the differences between Kiley and Ella--the biggest one that I have seen thus far is with sleep.  I know there will be MANY more to come but just off the bat, Kiley didn't sleep through the night until like 9 months, Ella did at 3, Kiley never wakes up and just babbles to herself, Ella does all the time. I think Kiley was a better napper--but when I think back to Kiley at 7 months it is kind of hard to remember. 

 I think that it will be a while before she starts crawling as she still doesn't show much interest in being on her stomach, but I could be wrong.  I know that it will be a whole different ball game once she is mobile so I'm not pushing it.  
 
I can't believe after the holidays I have to start thinking about 2 birthday parties.  Like I said before, life is busy, but good busy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment