Monday, December 5, 2011

Some days go as planned. . . and some don't

One thing that I have learned from being a mom is that the second you think that you have a routine figured out--oh it goes and changes on you.  Now, for me, who thrives on routine, this has not been an easy concept to grasp.  I want my children to wake up at the same time every day, nap at the same time, go to bed at the same time and sleep peacefully through the night. I want them to eat what I serve them and I would prefer if they were never crabby or whiny.  Ok-so I have realized that was my dreamworld before actually having children.  The second you think that you have them figured out, they go and change it up on you.  I have come to the realization that life with 2 is never going to get easier--it will be just as hard but maybe in different ways.  Both kids will constantly need my attention.  Yes, there may be a time where they start playing together, but then will come the fights over toys and the tattling.  I have, and am still working everyday, on learning to be flexible and patient.  Two things that pre-motherhood were NOT traits that most would describe me as.  Today things are pretty good--I have a roast in the crockpot, cards are being addressed, kids are napping, I have been to the gym and showered.  Tomorrow--well until we get there I have no idea.  I do the best that I can to fulfill my obligations, but I have come to realize that sometimes it's just not going to be in our cards for the day.  Life is busy, but I would much rather be busy taking care of my two littles that not.  And with that, I am going to take this time to go make a cup of chocolate mocha, listen to my christmas music and work on finishing holiday shopping (thanks to online shopping--I don't know how I would do it without the internet) because who knows how much time I will have until these two crazy girls are awake and begging for attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment