Monday, June 11, 2012

The Life!

I swear, Mondays come around and I am SO exhausted from the weekend.  I guess I should just realize that for the next 18 or so years, we are going to be BUSY on the weekends--most likely even busier than we are now.  I love it though--love being active and getting out and doing stuff, love falling into bed at night knowing that we had a fun day--and then looking forward to tomorrow because tomorrow is going to be a fun day as well and so on and so on.  I get to spend each day playing and teaching and loving and truly living!

I truly am living the dream of being able to spend each and every day with my girls, watching them grow, playing day in and day out.  I know that being a stay at home mom is not for everyone, but I truly love it.  I never thought that I would stay home.  When I was first pregnant with Kiley, I thought for sure I would go back to work.  I signed her up for a daycare that I loved, put down the deposit and was all set.  Then, about four months after having Kiley (just as my maternity leave was ending and summer was starting) I realized that there was no way that I could drop her off every morning, not see her all day, and then only have a few hours to play with her at night.  It just wasn't for me, it didn't feel right, and I am so fortunate to have a husband that was so supportive of whatever I chose to do.  He supported my decision to go back to work, and then he supported my decision to stay home when I began to waiver.   I know that not everyone can afford to stay home with their kids and that is why I feel so fortunate to have been given this opportunity.  The days can be long, tantrums are thrown, poopy diapers are plentiful, but at the end of the day, staying home with my girls has been one of the hardest, but probably one of the best decisions that I have ever made.  I am so lucky that I had that choice to make and again so grateful that my husband is so supportive (both financially and emotionally) of mine and the girl's needs.  

So I will take that exhausted feeling that I will most likely have for the unforeseeable future and enjoy it.  It comes with the territory of having a 2-year-old and 1-year-old.  So, while this time is pretty tiring, it's also pretty amazing.

 Ha--I just realized that I just wrote an entire post about being tired and it probably doesn't even really make sense because I am so tired, but well, this is my life right now and this blog is supposed to something that I can read to remember the times.  I guess I just could have put June 11th, 2012 = tired, but then you wouldn't have wasted 1-2 minutes of your day reading this, so here's a more wordy version of my tired, rambling self.  Here's some pictures to make something in this post worthwhile :)



No comments:

Post a Comment