Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thankful


I'm up to my ears in dishes and laundry, have a gigantic mess around the house from that the girl's made from lunch, it's super hot out so we can't really get outside to play much these days, rooms to pack, people to email, appointments to set up, and so on and so on.  But, every day I have to remind myself that I am so thankful for the gifts that I have been given, the family that I have, the friends who support me, my two most precious gifts of all--my girls--who can run me ragged, know what buttons to push when, throw tantrums, don't always listen, but are also the greatest sources of joy in my life and I would be nothing today without them.  I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, but I never imagined how hard it would really be.  Sure, I'm tired a lot, but nothing prepares you for the emotions of being a mom--the joy, the laughter, the love, but along with that comes the anxiety, the fear, the uneasiness and the guilt.  You do what you can each and every day to do the best job you can, and let's be honest, sometimes you are just getting the job done and other days you feel like you've done a pretty good job.  I'm really thankful for the amazing days, but I am also really thankful for the more difficult days.  They humble me and remind me to be thankful for those great days.  They remind me that not every day is going to be perfect and not every day are we going to do something fun and out of the ordinary, but every day that I get to spend doing dishes or laundry or cleaning is a gift because I get to spend it with my two beautiful children and my family.  Now that I have just reminded myself of that--I must actually get to work on all the above tasks!  Life is hectic right now, but I am THANKFUL that I have been given reasons for my life to be hectic!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment