Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Back!!!!

It feels like forever since I have blogged, but I am back from my blogging break.  Last week was busy--I was busy getting ready for our weekend trip to Florida and while we left Kiley and Ella home with my sister, I was busy getting stuff ready/notes written for them.  Plus, of course, no trip ever goes smoothly and Kiley was still sick all last week. We almost canceled our trip because the night before we were going to leave, she was up pretty much every hour on the hour.  My sister ended up taking her to the doctor because of what looked like a scratched eye, it turns out she had an ear infection.  So, after the croup, she got the ear infection, and now it looks like she has hand-foot-mouth disease again. Ugh!!!!  I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come this winter, but I think that she is feeling a lot better today so hopefully we are on the mend.  Of course, now I am not feeling great, but I would much rather feel sick than have her feeling sick, so I will take the illness off of her hands.

So, obviously we still decided to go on our trip knowing that even if Kiley wasn't feeling great, she was in good hands with my sister, so we made the best of it.  We went to Palm Beach for a long weekend.  It was interesting.  Kevin and I had a great time together and we definitely caught up on relaxing and sleep, but Palm Beach was definitely not really our scene.  I say that because Kevin and I are the same age and I am pretty sure that to live in Palm Beach it seemed like there must be at least a 15-20 year age gap between you and your spouse.  No joke--we saw a couple at dinner on Friday night in which the girl was maybe 25 and the man grandpa was probably in his late 60's, early 70's.  It was so awkward, but that was the norm down there so I guess they are used to it.  I guess my little midwestern self is not used to that kind of lifestyle, but it must work for some people. On Saturday night, we also had an interesting dinner experience.  The second we sat down at our table the people next to us told us to request to be moved.  We didn't really know why, but soon found out they were referring to the extremely loud lady at a table of 10 people.  Now, one would think that with 10 people at the table, I would have been able to hear other people at the table conversing with her, but nope, just her voice.  Kevin thinks that the table may have been part of the mob, and she was one of the mob bosses daughters, I don't know, but it was a little odd that no one at the table told her to be a little quietter (or that maybe telling your child birth story in graphic detail at a nice restaurant is to put it nicely, inappropriate.)  So, after that, we decided to move--along with everyone else that was seated around this particular table. 

Overall, the trip was fun, but I don't think that we will get back there anytime soon.  Thanks again to Abby and Kerry for taking so good care of the girls/dogs.  We can't thank you enough!!!!

So today, we are just relaxing and getting back into our routine.  It definitely felt weird to not be taking care of kids for 3 straight days and not being on a schedule (which we all know that I thrive on) so I am ready to get back to it.  I took about two weeks off from the diet and now I am ready to get back on it full force.  I also haven't worked out in over a week now, so that is on the agenda for tomorrow.  Hopefully, we will all be feeling better by then and we can get back on track.  So needless to say, the scale and I aren't on the best of terms right now. 

While, I have been writing this, this is what Kiley is currently doing.  Of course, the baby doll stroller belongs in the bathroom--and yes, you should sit in it even though the thing looks like it is about to break.  And where is the toliet paper you ask, oh she took that and tore it into little pieces to feed to dog. 

The thing this girl does to amuse herself.  Now, I say that she mimics everything that we do, however, no need to call the animal authorities, I do not feed the dog little pieces of toliet paper.  I don't know where she got that from, but Morgan is still too tired from running with her dog cousins all weekend to even care.

I also took this picture of Ella this morning.  I got out the exersaucer last week.  It totally reminds me of the picture I took of Kiley in at last summer. I think that they are almost the same age in these pictures and they are starting to look a lot alike to me.  Granted, Kiley was about 3 pounds heavier at this age, but their faces are starting to look a lot more similar to me than I thought they did before.  What do you think? maybe it's just the cheeks.

The other things the girls are up to these days. . .

Ella is getting really close to rolling over.  She can though turn all the way around when she is laying on her playmat.  It was a little weird the other day when I went to get her up and she was facing the opposite direction than how she normally is facing.  I'm not sure I am ready to have a mobile baby yet, but I guess I don't have a choice.  Maybe chasing two mobile kids will help with the weightloss?

Kiley's newest thing is going up and down the stairs and opening and closing doors.  She has gone up stairs forever now, but just recently she has decided to start going down them by herself.  She was playing quietly one day and then I turned around and couldn't find her--oh she was downstairs.  It about gave me a heart attack, so now I know that the gates must be used again.  And, she also loves to open and close (and sometimes lock) doors.  We had to move her crib away from the door handle because she was opening her door at nap time by sticking her arm through the crib.  Then, the other day, I was feeding Ella in Kiley's room.  I heard our bedroom door shut, which normally isn't a big deal, however, then I heard the lock of the door.  So, I had to pick open the lock with both girls screaming on either side of the door.  Oh the joys of toddlerhood!!!

So, that's what's been going on in our world for the past week or so.  I promise to be a better blogger this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment