Friday, September 2, 2011

My favorite blogs

Hi,
I'm linking up to Kelly's Korner again today for Show Us Your Life.  Today's topic is favorite blogs so I will share with you some of my favorites and hopefully you will find some good one's to read. I read a lot of blogs, but  here a just a couple that I read almost daily.

I started out reading blogs when I decided to get into cooking more a few years ago (that has since gone by the wayside, but I still enjoy browsing a blog that has receipes that take more than 5 minutes to prep).  My favorite is Annie's Eats.  This girl is amazing--she's a doctor, has two kids, cooks/bakes all the time and all of her stuff looks amazing, and she is adorable.  Check out her blog.  Everything I have made from her blog is delicious!

Another cooking blog that I have gotten a lot of receipes from is Cooking This and That.  I have actually made a bunch of her stuff and it is all really good and most of it can be made pretty quickly so it is good for me trying to cook, while Kiley is assisting (or raising chaos in the kitchen).

These days, I tend to read more mom blogs because that is what is going on in my life these days.  My favorite is Sunny Side Up.  Erin is the cutest girl, and has the most adorable family.  Plus, she has awesome organization tips.  I check her blog every day, check it out, you will love it too.

Other mom blogs I read:

Bringing up Bug & Bee-her posts are hilarious and she has two kiddos close in age too, so I can relate to a lot of her posts.

The Domestic Wannabe--she has a daughter that is almost the same age as Kiley so I starting reading this blog when I was pregnant with Kiley because we were going through much of the same stuff at the same times.  Her daughter is a genius so it's interesting to see the updates.  Plus, I love her Move It Monday and A Day in the Life posts.

I also love Jenni from the Blog.  I don't even know when I started reading this one, but she also has an adorable family and I can relate to a lot of her posts.

I have recently started reading Clover Lane.  She has really great posts about keeping things in perspective and raising kids.  She has a great attitude and I feel like recently I have turned to her blog a lot when I am feeling overwhelmed because with 5 kids, I'm sure she has gone through a lot worse than me and still seems to have a great outlook on life and parenting. 

I have also been trying to do some more educational stuff with Kiley at home so a couple of blogs that I have found some good ideas on are The Activity Mom and No Time for Flashcards.  The Activity Mom also has an etsy store called Time for Tots in which she puts together different activity kits.  These things are AMAZING.  Kiley loves them and I can easily through one in the diaper bag and it is something that can entertain Kiley for a long time.  I always throw a couple of these in the bag before we head off to church (well that and a lot of snacks).  Check out her store though, it is amazing.  I need to order some more soon--they are honestly Kiley's favorite things to play with.

There are so many more that I read, but those are just a few of the ones that I have read for awhile now.  I don't know any of these people in real life and don't really have time to comment on their blogs, but I love reading their blogs and it is a lot of these blogs that inspired me to start my own. 

And no post would be complete without a picture.  You can put your own caption here if you would like.  There are so many things that can be said about this picture, I just say "and so it begins. . ." 

Hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment