Thursday, September 8, 2011

Random Thursday

1.  Halloween Costumes--I know it is the beginning of September, but I feel like I need to get these finalized and ordered before places start running out of sizes.  I wanted Ella to be an elephant this year, but then I thought maybe Kiley and Ella should do something together, but the only thing I could think of for Kiley that went with an elephant was a peanut and that's just not cute.  Kevin wants Kiley to be a moose, but I think that's too similar to her costume last year.
So, I still think Ella will be an elephant--Old Navy has a cute one that I think will work.  Now, the question is what should Kiley be.  And, what should Morgan and Madison be.  I saw a pretty funny Wonder Woman and Bat Dog costume, so that might work for them, but I am not 100% sold.  Ugh, Halloween--so many decisions.

2.  I am really annoyed with CBS.  My favorite daytime TV show was "The Talk," that is until they got rid of Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete.  They were the best part of the show and now it's just not the same--I keep trying to watch it, but it's just not good anymore without them. I guess I have to go back to my Kathie Lee and Hoda.

3.  Kiley is starting "school" tomorrow.  I signed her up for a two-morning a week pre-school.  I think that she is going to love it and it gives me time to spend with Ella and actually get to run some errands.  She is going to go on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 8-1.  I'll probably cry dropping her off tomorrow, but I know that it is good for her and it will be good for me to have that time.

4.  I seriously feel like the next couple of months are going to fly by.  We have Ella's baptism, then I am to Jersey's wedding, then Halloween, then MY BIRTHDAY (my first birthday not being pregnant in two years--yes I will have a drink or two!), Thanksgiving, X-mas.  I can't wait for all of those things, but it is definitely going to be a busy couple of months.

5.  I saw the police at our complex today--it appears as if they were investigating someone who lives here.  The nosy part of me wanted to know what was going on so of course I grab Kiley and try to make it look like she is playing outside in hopes that they would ask me a question. I saw them showing a couple pictures to someone else that lives here, but they didn't ask me when I was outside.  Now, I just want to know what was going on. 

6.  I decided to stop doing Jenny Craig.   I am still trying to lose weight, but I didn't think that I was teaching Kiley any good eating habits when I was always eating a microwave meal, she was having something else, and Kevin was having something different than both of us.  So, I am trying to stick with Weight Watchers and see how it goes.  I figure if I can be consistent with getting to the gym and trying to eat healthy than I am a setting a good example for the girls and hopefully teaching them a heathy lifestyle.  We are also trying to get Kiley to eat with us at night, so hopefully that will get me back in the kitchen cooking again.

7. I am pumped for the new season of tv to start.  Some of my favorites:  Parenthood, How I Met your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and Modern Family. Others that I watch, but multi-task while they are on:  Two and a Half Men, Mike and Molly, and The Office.  I'm sure I will add more to the list as the new shows premiere.  I know, don't be jealous of my busy life tv watching schedule.

8.  This is a pointless post so I will no longer bore you with my randomness of this Thursday. 

I am off to get Kiley who has yet to nap and is just screaming for Ella in her crib.  I don't know what she thinks that Ella is going to do for her, but she seems to always want Ella when she is stuck in bed.  It should be interesting when we try to get them to share a room in a couple of years.  Kiley and Ella both have their dr. appointments this afternoon. 

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday--and if you have any suggestions for Halloween costumes, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment