Friday, January 20, 2012

A little of this and a little of that



Sorry-didn't mean to not post since Tuesday, but it was a somewhat busy week.  I took on a new job as the housekeeper of the house :)  I decided now that Ella is finally napping the same time as Kiley, I would take on the role of cleaning and make myself some money every two weeks-well the money that isn't going to the cleaning lady.  I have a pretty good routine down, but man it is time consuming and takes up almost all the time that I have during naptime. 

Other than that, I've been busy with my workouts and keeping the kids entertained.  I don't know how many more times I can sing Pat-a-Cake this week--Kiley is now in the "do it again" stage and believe me it does get old after awhile--I have a feeling the "why" stage is coming soon and I can already tell Kiley is going to want to know EVERYTHING.  I did a killer class at the gym yesterday-man am I sore today.  It made the run this morning pretty tough, but I still got my three miles in.  I have a couple more weeks until my real "training" program for the half marathon starts.  The new running shoes are making a huge difference. I really haven't had much knee pain since I got them, so I am feeling pretty good.  I need to really focus on my longer runs now to start gaining a little more endurance--I don't think I am really going to worry about speed for this half.  As long as I finish that is good enough for me. 

I'm thankful Kevin made it home today.  He luckily caught the last flight into Chicago before they starting cancelling flights due to the snow, and I'm pretty sure if he had been on a later flight he would definitely have not been home until tomorrow.  Speaking of getting home--I am so thankful that I stay home with the girls on days like these.  I think about trying to commute 30 miles with the girls in the back seat--on a regular day that would have been hard to handle, on a day like today when the commute could have taken 3 hours-NO WAY!!!

A few pics from the week. . .

Kiley started a little ballet class last Saturday--of course she wouldn't smile for the camera, but how cute is she from behind :)

I love this pic of Ella and I-Kevin thinks she looks crazy.  I think she looks adorable.

Not the greatest picture of Kiley but hilarious in that she is wearing a hat, gloves, sitting in a sled, oh and wearing a swimsuit coverup. Ha! 


And here's a little video love.  This one just melts my heart.  They just love each other so much.




Have a great weekend. I have some reading to get done.  For some reason my book this week is taking me forever and was supposed to be a book that I was going to get done in a day or so.  Other than that-not much on tap other than ballet, birthday parties, church, and hanging out at home---and maybe a little sledding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment