Friday, January 6, 2012

TGIF-and other things I'm thankful for today!

Seriously, can the weather here get any better.  Who has even heard of opening your windows on the 6th of January in Chicago.  Couldn't it just stay like this forever?  Yeah right, next week it will be like 20 degrees, but I the dogs will enjoy it in the meantime, they were super pumped to get out for a walk today!

I also need to get around to getting my thank you cards written and out, but in case it doesn't happen for a while, thanks so much for all the wonderful Xmas gifts from Santa, grandparents, aunts, uncles, dogs, etc.  These two littles were super spoiled this holiday season.  I guess Santa thought we were all pretty good this year.  It was an awesome time spent with family and we had so much fun opening presents, eating good food, and being merry. I think that we have finally recovered and gotten back on track.  Now it's on to what I call birthday party season.  The invitations are rolling in-which means I need to get my butt in gear with getting Kiley's planned, and then Ella's.  Wow, that makes me think I have a lot to do.

I am also thankful for my mom today. Because if I hadn't hated it so much when she would wipe off dirty face with spit, I would have never sworn that I would never do that to my kids.  However, this morning, at about 8:00 when I was getting Kiley out of her car seat, you guessed it, I did the unmentionable and wiped her face with spit.  Shhhh don't tell anyone, however, she did go into school with a "clean" face and when I say clean, I really mean covered in mom spit :)

I'm also thankful that my husband knows way more about financial things that I do which makes it easy for me  to not have to worry about those things.  After discussing the options of moving last night, I think that we are staying put for awhile.  Like I said before, I don't have a lot of patience when I get my mind on something, but he laid it all out for me in a way that I can understand that moving right now is kind of silly.  Plus of course today, I was having an I love the city day, so I think that it is best for us for the time being.  I would be too sad leaving the city right now, so we'll see where we are at in a couple of years.  I'm also thankful that I can now stop wasting time looking at real estate websites.  I swear, why and how do I find some many things to waste time on the internet doing.  I must say though-operation no facebook has allowed me to finish my first book of the year-review coming shortly.

And, of course, I must be thankful for these two littles.  They turned 22 and 8 months this week and can I tell you how hard it is to get both of them looking at the camera, at the same time.  It is near impossible, so you will just have to leave with the awkward shot of one looking cute and the other not so much, I think she may have been watching tv :)  Kiley's new things this month are loving tea parties and dancing.  Ella is perfecting her sitting, loves playing with toys (way more than Kiley ever did at this age) and splashing in the bath.  They love each other and crack each other up.  Ahhh, love them!!!!

Hope you have lots to be thankful for this Friday!!!  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment