Sunday, January 15, 2012

"What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty

 

Ha, 2nd book of the year was completed in 4 days (and Kevin said I couldn't do it, ok well I am only on the 2nd week of 52 weeks in the year, but still I made it).  Anyways, this was the book for my book club last month, but of course I never got around to reading it then, but better late than never.  I LOVED this book. I don't know--I just felt like I could really relate to this book for some reason.  It's about a woman in her late 30's who after a fall at the gym, comes to, forgetting the last ten years of her life.  She wakes up with three kids that she doesn't remember, going through a divorce, and having a very different personality than she did 10 years prior.  I felt like this book really made me think about priorities in ones life, especially remembering to focus on one's marriage even in the midst of work, kids, day-to-day life stressors. 

Abby, if you haven't read this book yet, you must--sorry it's on my Ipad or I would have given you a copy.  There is a secondary storyline in it that you will totally be able to relate to and it made me really think about our bond as sisters--and how important we are to each other. 

My rating on this book was a 5.  Granted this is no literary masterpiece, but I judge my books based on their how much I like them.  I couldn't put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment