Monday, February 11, 2013

Highlights/Lowlights

It's Monday night and I have a ton of tv watching to do--as in, I am taping three different shows at the same time right now.  Don't judge, there's a lot of good tv (ok I can't exactly call the Bachelor good, but entertaining) on tonight so I will keep this short.  The weekend, was well, a weekend with some highlights and some lowlights. 

Highlights
1.  I got out on Friday night to go to a wine tasting at a friend's house.  It was a much needed girl's night out after a long week.  The wines weren't that great, but I didn't even care, I was out of the house for a night!

2.  Costco run on Saturday morning-have you ever gotten their cilantro lime shrimp--it is delicious.  My friend, Jill turned me on to it and she said it was from Costco.  The first time I went to find it, I thought it was in the frozen section and couldn't find it--well this time, while getting a pre-prepared salad for dinner that night, I saw those little babies.  Oh happy day!!!  Also, we found some chocolate covered blueberries that are AMAZING!!! So next time you are at Costco, find the shrimp and blueberries, I know weird combo, but you won't be disappointed.

3.  I went out for a run on Saturday afternoon.  It was pretty nice out for a February afternoon, well aside from the wind which almost kicked my butt (oh and actually running hills).  I'm used to the nice flat terrain of Chicago, and also having to stop at a stoplight every few blocks :)  Better get myself outside running a bit more often instead of camping out on the treadmill.

4.  My sister came up on Sunday morning and went to church and breakfast.  It was so nice to see her since I haven't seen her since Christmas.  

5.  Kevin watched the kids and I am cleaned the entire upstairs of the house in a couple hours on Sunday afternoon.  It was so nice to actually feel like I accomplished something from start to finish at one time.

Lowlights
1.  Ella's double ear infection.  Thankfully the antibiotics are finally starting to seem like they are working, so today has been a much better day.

2.  Needing a highchair at Chick Fil A and the only ones they had were being occupied by sister's who were no joke probably 4 or 5 years old.  Seriously-your kindergartener can sit on a chair, right?

3.  Sitting down on Saturday night to have a glass of wine and read a magazine I got at CVS the day before.  Notice, I said day before as in 2013.  So, I go to read the magazine, look at the cover and realize the date on the magazine says June/July 2008.  What???

4.  Having to wait 20 minutes at Egg Harbor for breakfast on Sunday.  Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but with two kids who are restless and hungry and there not being a good place to wait, it was a long 20 minutes. 

5.  Same breakfast ending in Ella puking all over me after having a temper tantrum which led to a coughing fit.  Luckily, she spared the little girl next to us as she came within centimeters of puking all of the little girl's hair. 

So, there you have it.  Our weekend in a nutshell.  I am SUPER excited about next weekend though because Kevin and I have a date weekend planned thanks to my sister for being able to stay with the girls.  I can't wait!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment