Friday, February 1, 2013

A brain dump 10

I have a bunch of random thoughts today, so I figured I would just lump them all into one lovely TGIF post!

1.  I can't believe the words, "Don't start with me Kiley, or I won't let you clean tomorrow" came out of my mouth today.  Remind me of that in a couple of years when I am begging her to clean her room.

2.  There may or may not have been a day this week when I wasn't really feeling my workout at the gym and was secretly happy when the childcare attendant came to get me out of class.  My child who has not had one accident since she has been potty trained peed all over the slide at the gym and of course it was the first day that I decided not to bring in her backpack with her extra pair of pants.  We faked she had a stomach ache and got out of there for the day.  I should have gone out to get her pants, changed her and gone back to the workout, but that seemed like a lot of work.

3.  We had a hot tub guy come out to fix our hot tub on Monday.  I saw him there.  Well after that he randomly disappeared and never contacted us as to the status of the hot tub which was left in disarray.  Kevin tried calling but never got a response and then the phone was no longer taking calls from any numbers.  He drove up to the store today--yep, they went out of business, yesterday. 

4.  I've been doing some research on what to wear in cold-weather running.  Looks like my days of fair-weather running are behind me.  I have been lucky so far, but the forecast this Sunday is a high of 18 degrees.  Yep, 18. 

5.  It's February 1st, which means a new month for mini-goals.  My goal for this month is to get up before the kids everyday to get my day started before having to jump right into taking care of the girls.  I have done it before and it works so much better, but like most things, it slowly goes to the wayside.  The nice thing about mini-goals is that I give it a month and if I like it, then I can stick with it, if I don't, then it's only a month.

6.  Speaking of goals--I have made it this whole month with no pop.  Just water!  Well, and some wine of course. It's done wonders for my skin.  I actually have started to see a difference. 

7.  I threw in the easiest dinner tonight.  Chicken marinated in italian dressing.  I totally remember my mom making that for me growing up.  Easy peasy is what I needed tonight. 

8.  If you read a lot of magazine like I do and have an I-Pad check out the Next Issue app.  You pay a monthly fee and get access to a ton of magazines.  For $14.99, I have like 100 magazine choices whenever I want them, plus the back issues.  And, no magazines piling up around the house.  Score!

9.  Oh, I lost my first 5 pounds at weight watchers last week!  I was pretty pumped, and then went to see all my girlfriends and snacking on crap all afternoon, but moderation, right?

10.  We already have our menu set for the Superbowl.  Nope, we aren't having a party and we aren't going to one, we are having a Pollack Party and I'm pumped about it!  Just the way I like to watch the game, on the couch, half watching, but mostly reading a magazine or reading blogs :)

Have a great weekend!  I have a bunch of pictures and videos that I need to upload so I promise so more ordinary days pics next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment