Thursday, August 18, 2011

Embrace the Camera

So today I am linking up to Emily of the anderson crew.  The concept is that each Thursday she challenges her readers to get in a photo with their kids. While I have a ton of pictures of Kiley and Ella by themselves, it is sometimes hard to remember to actually get in a picture with them from time to time, even though 99.5% of the time I don't look anywhere near picture ready.  I'm sure that they will appreciate having pictures with their mom (and dad, when I can remember to snap pictures at 6:30 at night)  You can read more about embracing the camera here.

This first picture, I find to be amusing.  I was attempting to do the head in a circle, picture taken from above shot that all girls do at some point in their lives.  It could be a dance team thing, I don't know, but I have never once seen a group of guys get together and say "hey I have a great idea, let's all lay down in a circle with our heads in the middle, and have someone take a picture from above."  If you have that picture, please send it to me, I would love to see it.  So here is the picture that I actually got.

As you can somewhat make out, Kiley's head is the blur of hair that you see trying to get up, Ella is half in the picture, and I am just trying to make the best of it.  So chalk that one up to a fail.  Note to self-don't attempt the head in a circle picture again until I 1.  learn how to take a picture of ourselves and get everyone in the picture and 2. not have a toddler who refuses to sit still for one second.

The next attempt is with Ella.  Obviously, much easier because she doesn't move, however, it is tricky to get her to look at the camera while taking it myself, so here is the best that I could do.  And please, let's not discuss the lighting in this picture. 




These are my attempt at getting all three of us in a picture all at once. 



Obviously, those were a big fat fail.  However, I do really like the one where Madison is trying to "join in the fun." 
And this one, is just me and my moose. 



Man, it is hard work embracing the camera.  But, I must say, the pictures that I love the most are not always the most perfect, but are the ones that make me remember exactly how it felt to be in that moment.  So I guess these pictures sum up my days, it can be a lot of failures and misses, but as long as I can still end the day with a smile and see the humor and joy in it all, then everything is a success.

Hope you find some time today to embrace the camera!






No comments:

Post a Comment