Monday, August 29, 2011

A new routine

This past week and weekend have not been so great in terms of weightloss.  Now, they have been great in that I have had family and friends and fun things going on, but it has definitely been a week that got us out of our routine, eating out a lot, and not exercising enough.  So this week, it is time to get back on track, back to the routine of things, and overall back to making some healthier choices.

While I love to have fun things to do, I also really love routines.  My body thrives on routine, to the point where Kevin makes fun of me becuase I do much better going to bed at 9 each night, even on the weekends.  I have always been that way, and I know that about myself, so when I start getting out of my routine, my body just does not respond well.  I am also starting to notice that trait in Kiley.  Last week, we had a couple of rough days and I am pretty sure that it was because she was out of her routine as well.  She didn't have great naps all week and I think that we tried to fit in too many things that are just not activities for toddlers these days (i.e. shopping). And now that Ella is almost 4 months (I know, I don't know how she is getting so old, so fast), she is starting to develop her own routine which is throwing off the routine that I had for Kiley.  So, with fall starting, and now two kids schedules to figure out instead of one, we are re-thinking our old routines and having to develop new ones.  New ones that will mean more time spent at home instead of going to classes and playgroups, but I have come to be ok with that.  It means more time for my girls to get to play together and for me to enjoy watching them grow instead of constantly being on the go.  I have struggled with this becuase I felt that Kiley might be missing out on something by not being able to go to classes every day, but soon enough, she will be in school and I will miss these days of just being able to play at home.  So, I am going to embrace this time of being able to develop our new routine of going to the gym in the morning and staying home in the afternoons to enjoy moments like these.  This is the first video I have that have Kiley and Ella somewhat playing together, with Ella kind of looking like she is enjoying it. 



So, with today being Monday, I am resolving to get myself back on track with my eating and back to my routine.  I am glad that we have a couple weekends coming up with absolutely no plans, so I can really focus on eating well, working out, and sticking to the routine.

And if you didn't believe me about Ella getting so big these days.  Here are a few recent pics of the little lady.  She is starting to look like a little person to me now and starting to develop her own personality (and sleeping through the night, 6-6 baby!!!!). 
So happy!

Ella and Grandma

Kiley ready for her workout!


 
Have a great Monday!  Here's to a new week and new routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment