Thursday, August 25, 2011

"I'm Going to Love You Through it"

I have been inspired to run my first 5K on September 24th, 2011 in honor of my mom, my Aunt Nancy and Kevin's Aunt Sue.  They are all amazing women that have battled breast cancer and I am so thankful that they fought hard against it and are still with us today.  I recently came across this video by Martina McBride of her new song "I'm Going to Love You Through It." 

It's really hard for me to put into words how much this song touches me, but all I can say to those in my family that have battled this deadly disease is-thank you.  Thank you for fighting so hard that you are still with us today.  Thank you for enduring painful treatments and procedures even though I am sure that at times it was the last thing that you wanted to do.  Thank you for being strong and looking cancer in the face and not backing down.  Thank you for your courage.  Thank you for making me one of the lucky ones that didn't have to say good bye. Thank you for being a living part of my daughters' lives and not a picture that I have to show them and explain to them who those amazing women were.  I can't thank you enough and tell you enough how much I love each of you and how grateful that I am for you to still be here today. 

So, with that, on September 24th, I will do something that I haven't done before in support and honor of my family.  I will run on behalf of you as a survivor.  Granted, I may not run fast and I may have to walk a little bit because if you know me, you know that I am not a runner.  But, it's the least that I can do to support you for being such fighters. 

If you would like to support me in this endeavor-I am looking for either a.  people to run with me or b. people to donate to the cause. I am hoping to raise $300 for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  You can click on the link below which will take you to my personal page and then click on donate to Natalie. 

http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/HIL_ChicagolandAreaAffiliate?px=10492348&pg=personal&fr_id=2250

I know that I am short on time to raise my money, but with two kiddos everything is a little rushed, but I am used to it and I know that I can do it.  Can you help me reach my goal?

Now, I am off to the gym to keep up my training :)  Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment