Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lemon-Garlic Turkey Breast

If you don't cook in a crockpot-you are crazy.  It is so easy, especially with the kids.  I can throw something in in the morning and it smells great all day, and then it is ready to go for Kevin and I to have dinner together once the kids are in bed.  I am constantly looking to find more crockpot receipes that I like and have minimal prep work, so I am thrilled that Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is starting a crockpot link up each week.  My one advice on crockpot cooking is invest in one that has a warmer feature--that way you can start it whenever in the morning and you don't have to worry about turning it off at a certain time, it goes go to warmer automatically which is perfect for me because I would hate to have spent all day slaving in the kitchen for dinner to be ruined :)  Here's a receipe that Kevin and I really like and it always sounds impressive when you can say that you made a turkey for dinner.

Lemon-Garlic Turkey Breast

3 lbs. turkey breast
1/2 cup lemon juice
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried sage
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine

Place the turkey breast in the Crock-Pot slow cooker.  In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, tarragon, rosemary, sage, salt, pepper and wine.  Pour the sauce over the turkey breast.  Cover; cook on Low 8 to 10 hours (or on High for 4 to 5 hours).  Slice before serving.  Makes 6 servings.

For those that do Weight Watchers--this is 6 points per serving.

Sorry I don't have a picture, but you know what turkey breast looks like.  I do though have a picture of one of my favorite people doing a little grocery shopping with her new grocery cart (granted we are in a mall and not the grocery store, but she just had to push the cart the second that we bought it.  I'm sure those actually trying to shop weren't as amused as I was, but oh well, when you have a happy toddler, you don't mess with it.)
 


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment