Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why blog?

I was trying to think of a good way to put why I wanted to start a blog, but then I came across this on one of the blogs that I read http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ and I think that it is exactly the reason that I wanted to start blogging.

Kelly wrote:

"I've said this before and I mean it - I blog because I honestly wouldn't remember half the things my girls have said or done or their milestones if I didn't put it somewhere. This has been an AMAZING way for me to keep a record for our family. It forces me to think about taking pictures all the time too or I might not do that either. And the grandparents and other family members can watch our girls grow. I make time for it because it's a priority for me to keep those memories. I would do it whether I had 2 readers or 2000."

I have realized that I am not great about writing in Kiley or Ella's baby books, and much to my dismay, my memory and metabolism have gone somewhere together that I cannot seem to locate.  Hopefully, I will enjoy my time blogging and also give my family and friends a place where they can keep up on the Pollack family happenings.  So, in a nutshell, that is why I have started blogging.  Now, like everything else in my life, it is about staying committed to recording these memories.  So that is what I ask of you--keep me committed.  Comment on my posts, ask questions, give me suggestions on what to post about.  My goal is to post at least 4 times a week-so check back often :)

So with that I am off to go browse through the two Halloween costume catalogs that I got in the mail today.  I can't believe that we are already thinking about Halloween, but I do love Fall and I am pretty sick of Chicago street festival season.  So I guess I am little bit excited about football season, sweaters, and walks with the dogs where we can go farther than around the block.  As for Kevin--we know that he is excited about Fall.  He is in 3, yes 3, fantasy football leagues this year.  I think that it is a bit excessive, but you know Kevin and his love of football (both college and pro--which means yes, both Saturday and Sunday and filled with football in our house)  He likes to say, "You knew I liked football when you married me."  To sign off and go sit on the couch while both girls are napping at the same time!!!!!  Here is a favorite picture of the dogs to tie in Halloween and football.  Yes, they are wearing football dog jerseys and handing out Halloween candy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment