Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Steppin' Out Saturday-Bachelorette Party Edition

Saturday we celebrated my college girlfriend's bachelorette party.  She is from New Jersey, hence her nickname Jersey, and it was only fitting that she have a "Jersey Shore" themed bachelorette party.  Now, mind you, I have actually never seen the show (and I am actually quite proud of that fact), so I didn't know exactly what to wear to fit the part, so I just got a sundress for the night that I can actually use for when we go to Florida in a couple of weeks as well.  I was pretty pumped when I found this dress online at Banana Republic for 30% off and then I had $40 in gap dollars, so the dress ended up only costing me $40!!!!

I don't have a great picture of just me in the dress, so here's one with my friend Jill (and yes she is dressed for the Jersey Shore theme and no that is thankfully not a real tattoo )
We started out the night at Jersey's maid of honor's house for drinks, games and gifts.  Here's the bachelorette on her night out.

I wish I could have gotten a close up of her freshly painted "safety pink" nails and her smoky eyeshadow.  Mind you, Jersey had no idea what the theme of the night was going into it, so she was pretty suprised that she got to look this awesome for her big night out!!!! She was rocking the infamous "Zeus" necklack and she also did drink out of the chalice for the entire evening. 
After an interesting gift giving session, we headed out to dinner at Quartino.  This place is great for large groups, reasonably priced, and the food is always good. I have been here a couple of times and have never been disappointed.  They also have a private room that fits about 15 if you think that your party is going to get rowdy.  Our party was rowdy, we just chose to do it in the middle of the crowded restaurant as opposed to in a private room because what fun would that have been. 

I'm not exactly sure what is going on in this picture, but Jersey is marrying a cop, so you can kind of see her fake badge for the night.  Good thing she didn't try to citizen's arrest anyone.
After dinner, we were a little early for our next stop so we ended up being invited into "Snickers" by some lady who I'm pretty sure should have left around 4 (and it was now 9:30), to say she was overserved is an understatement.  But, Snickers ended up being a blast.  There was alot of singing and dancing to be had (even some dancing in the open air windows).  I as a mother of two did not partake in the dancing in the windows segment of the evening, but I sure as hell did take pictures of those that did :) 

This picture is funny to me, only because the three of us just all had babies within the past 4 months, so we weren't so much feeling the dance in the window thing, but you gotta be there to support your friends, right?
The night ended up at The Baton Lounge, which all I will say about that is, interesting.  I had to check out early because I am old and by 11:00, I was falling asleep at the show.  Plus knowing that my two little alarm clocks go off at 6 am does not make for fun mornings when you are out to late the night before.  I definitely had a good time though and it was so fun to see my college girlfriends.  We don't all get together too often anymore due to all being different places in the country and having crazy schedules, but when we do, it's always like old times (however, I will speak for myself in saying, I definitely can't hang like I used to.  Going out two nights in a row this weekend was definitely difficult for me, hence the back to the routine post from yesterday.) 

So, congrats Jersey!!!!  Can't wait to see you become a Mrs. in a couple of months in Jersey.  And no bachelorette party is complete without a picture in front of a fire engine with some firefighters, so here you go!


Linking up to Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment