Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The conversations you never thought you would have. . .

Oh to have a 2, almost 3-year-old, brings on some very interesting (and lengthy) conversations on topics that you just wish you didn't have to discuss.  Take for instance, my 20 minute conversation on what is going to happen to the roadkill raccoon that Kiley saw in the street coming out of the gym today.   What happened mommy? Who is going to pick it up mommy? Was it an accident? What happened to his face mommy? Who is going to wipe his face mommy? Was it a car or a truck that hit it? How did it happen? On and on and on and on. . . .Now, I don't want to lie to her, but after awhile of me saying, I don't know how it happened, you get to the point where you just don't want to discuss roadkill anymore.  Then we get to picking up Ella--and guess what--the whole roadkill story all over again, with more questions.  I don't know what I am going to do when they are both talking and having these conversations :) 

It is pretty comical the stuff that comes out of her mouth these days, such as when we passed the Hampton Inn yesterday and she pointed it out saying Grandma and Papa live there--that's Arizona.  Granted they stayed there one time this past summer and how she remembers that, I have no idea, but guess we will have to start working on a little geography lesson.

God love her, she keeps me on my toes, and I am thankful everyday for her--roadkill questions and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment