Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Where has my baby gone?


In the last three weeks, my baby has gone from having a pacifier, taking naps, and wearing diapers to now no pacifier, no naps, and being potty trained.  Granted, it was winter break, so we were trying to tackle a bunch of these things when she didn't have school, but it still  makes me a little sad.  I kind of miss her asking for her paci, and I won't change another one of her diapers, and major bummer--I don't have a nice stretch of time while she is sleeping (and we all know she really should still be taking a nap based on her behavior at the end of the day yesterday).  But, I know this is my job as mom to help shape her into an independent, self-sufficient adult.  Although, I can still cringe each time she goes to get her own glass of water knowing full well that she will probably spill it all over the floor right now :)

Kiley Newborn--photo by Katie Ryan Photography  










No comments:

Post a Comment